Tuesday, June 10, 2008

flying to USA - 2

ok.. long time since i wanted to post the next part.. but didnt find time.. anyway.. better late than never..

ok.. the take off of the aeroplane itself was a freaky experience, since it was my first time on a plane and i was nervous about what would possibly go on in it, also it was making me awkward cause i technically found out that i was sitting rite above the wheels.. i kinda started imagining things like it happens in a bus !! but nothing happened as i suspected.. rather the plane took a graceful lift into the air and reached into the skies.

i was lucky enough to get a seat near the window, i looked down on the chennai city, which was glowing with electric lights in the night. it was such a wonderful sight, i hate the fact, that i didnt even have a mobile cam to take a pic of it. for the first half hour, i was trying to recognize the places in city, and felt a odd feeling that i am gonna miss this beautiful place for a long time.

In flight, i had a series of foods and drinks provided by the airhostesses. then, it started getting boring for me, so i started listening to music, watching movies, playing games and most part sleeping as much as i can. occasionally talking to the guy sitting near me. It was quite a long flight about 9 hrs to brussels. by landing at brussels, i felt proud that i have stepped foot in europe also..

then, nothing much happened in the transit than me calling home to tell about my location. then, i had to wait for about 2 hrs to get on to my next flight, this time the flight experience wasn't so exciting since, already i had got used to this. so next flight, for 8 hrs, i slept for almost 7 hrs and rest 1 hr in having food. thats it, i had reached american continent by that time. one memorable thing about this flight is that, i got to see an aerial view of the Niagara falls. it was such a beautiful sight, seemed just like looking at the falls in google maps !!

then, the newark liberty airport, it was my port of entry into the USA. this was a huge airport. it was very good, i liked it a lot. then, to make the long story short, i got my passport sealed with the I 94 card and officially entered into the united states.Then, i got on another plane to reach hartford, connecticut. where i was picked up by a indian student from my university. then i reached my university in the evening about 4 pm, met my roommates and finally got settled down in the US to start off with my studies here.

the end

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hai cb anna,
vaishnavi here..2005 batch...gr8 job creatin a blog...keep updating ur xperienc in US....do send sum universities names in field of genetics....then tel hw u approached universities...k...tak care...tata...

advaitha said...

Hi suresh here. It was very nice experience in your fight and u wrote in exlamatory sense!!..
Just check my blogspot also
http://biocon2.blogspot.com
I edited my xml page and bought out in my customized way.
You can also check your page views and visitors location .
Let posting have to be done in my blog. !!